Its spring time, for many of us, it is time for cleaning house and gardens. A clean and organized house always looks good, but cleaning activity can be stressful for your spine. These tips will help everyone to keep their house clean without putting too much strain on your back and spine.
1) Plan the cleaning activity: Before starting the actual cleaning, spend some time to see what exactly needs to be done and divide the tasks into manageable subtasks that you can do with your routine. If you are feeling too tired or exhausted at any time, stop working and rest.
2) Simple stretches: Cleaning house and garden is often counted as an exercise. Hence it is important to start the cleaning work with some simple stretches in order to avoid injuries. These exercises should focus on important body parts as the neck, shoulders, legs, and back.
3) Using Appliances: When cleaning the garden, the appliances like lawn mower can prove very useful. Making use of such appliances not only takes off the load from your back but also makes the cleaning activity fast. Check out these products at verellenhc to help you manage your outdoor cleaning activity.
4) Cleaning high surfaces: The riskiest part of the cleaning process is cleaning the high surfaces. Using ladders or step stools with stable bases will reduce the risk of injury by falling down while cleaning. If required, ask for assistance to clean surfaces where you cannot reach.
5) Right lifting methods: Cleaning process needs a lot of items to be moved from one place to other, expecting you to bend and lift frequently. This could put a lot of pressure on your spine, if not done correctly. While lifting heavy items it is recommended to lift it by bending the knees instead of bending in the waist to avoid injuries to the spine.